Your privacy is important to us! We only collect, process and use your personal data in compliance with the following policy of principles.
1. Identity & Controller
This policy applies to data processing by Evapixel LLC. Please use the contact form on the About page to contact us for any questions or comments related to this policy.
2. What We Collect & Why
When you visit the site
Information is automatically sent by the web browser used onyour end device to our website servers hosted by AWS (USA). This information is stored in what is called a log file. The following information is collected during this process without any action on your part and stored until it is deleted;
- IP address of computer
- date and time of access
- name and URL of requested file
- website from which access input was obtained (Referrer URL)
- Browser used, and where applicable the computers operating system and identity of your access provider.
The specified data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring that the website can establish a connection smoothly,
- ensuring that our website is easy to use,
- analysis of system security and stability, as well as
- for additional administrative purposes.
Our legitimate interest is based on the data collection purposes listed above. We do not on any account use the data collected for the purpose of identifying you. The provision of this data is not required by law or contract or to enter into a contract. You are not obliged to provide the personal data. It is not, however, possible to access the website if the data are not provided.
When you use our contact form
We offer you the possibility to contact us via a contact form provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required for this so that we know who the inquiry is coming from and can respond to it. Additional information can be provided on a voluntary basis.
Data is processed for the purpose of contacting us only. You will not be subscribed to any newsletters or unsolicited mail as a result of using the contact form.
Only registered users can have accounts. The purpose of these accounts is to upload and administer your content. The user registering the account will have an email and password.
Photos and content uploaded by you many not contain any personal data of third parties without their express consent. If you obtain consent from third parties for this purpose you are obligated to inform persons about the scope of data processing by Evapixel LLC.
If you've given us the appropriate consent, our social media accounts may share the photos and other content you uploaded to social media platforms. If we do so, we will specify the name associated with your profile.
3. Disclosure of Data
With the exception of the service providers who act on our behalf to provide our website, we do not generally disclosure your personal data to third parties. Exceptions only apply in the following cases if:
- You have given your express consent to this
- disclosure for the purposes of pursuing our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of third party and there is no reason to assume that you have any overriding interest in your data not being disclosed which is worthy of protection,
- disclosure as required by law, and
- this is permitted by law and required for the performance of contractual relationships with you.
4. Cookies & Web Storage
When you visit our websites, we store information on your computer in the form of cookies and by way of web storage (so-called super cookies). Cookies and super cookies are small files sent from an internet server to your browser and stored on your hard disk. Information is stored in the cookie or super cookie which is generated in each case in connection with the end device specifically used. This does not, however, mean that we as a result receive any direct knowledge of your identity.
- Google Analytics: Used to analyze the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide additional services associated with website and internet use for market research. Data may be stored for up to 2 years.
5. Analysis Tools
By using these tracking measures we want to ensure that our website is designed in line with your user preferences, can be optimized continuously and that we can provide you with personalized recommendations based on the photos you have downloaded. We also use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you.
Google Analytics with anonymization function
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”) for the purpose of designing our websites in line with your user preferences and continuously optimizing these. Pseudonymized usage profiles are created and cookies are used in this context. The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website such as
- type/version of browser,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (last website visited),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of server request,
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to analyze the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide additional services associated with website and internet use for market research and design of these websites in line with user preferences. This information may also be disclosed to third parties if this is required by law or if these third parties process these data for us. Your IP address will on no account be combined with other Google data. IP addresses are anonymized so that they cannot be linked to any specific person (IP masking).
You can also prevent the installation of these cookies by configuring your browser software settings accordingly; we would, however, advise you that in this case you may not be able to use all website functions fully.
Addition information on privacy in connection with Google Analytics can for example be found here: Google Analytics Help
We also use the web analysis service Hotjar provided by Hotjar Ltd. (“Hotjar”). Hotjar is a European company headquartered in Malta (Hotjar Ltd, Level 2, St Julians Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julians STJ 1000, Malta).
This tools allows movements to be tracked on websites that use Hotjar (referred to as heatmaps). It can for example be identified how far users scroll and which buttons user click on and how often. With the help of this tool it is also possible to obtain feedback directly from users of the website. We obtain valuable information in this way that enables us to make our website even quicker and more user-friendly.
The usage data collected are only processed in pseudonymized form and the data are not used to combine usage profiles with your personal data. We can therefore only track which buttons have been clicked on, mouse movements, how far has been scrolled, the screen size of the device, device type and browser information, geographical location (only country) and the preferred language in order to display our website. Areas of the websites in which your personal data or personal data of third parties are shown are automatically hidden by Hotjar and therefore cannot be tracked at any time.
Hotjar also offers each user the possibility with the help of a “Do Not Track Header” to prevent the use of Hotjar so that no data on the visit to the relevant website are recorded. This is a setting which the latest versions of all common browsers support. For this, you browser sends a request to Hotjar stating that the tracking of the relevant user is to be deactivated. If you use our website with different browsers/computers, you will have to configure the “Do Not Track Header” separately for each of these browsers/computers.
6. Your Rights
You have the right:
- to obtain information about the personal data processed by us;
- to obtain without undue delay the rectification or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- to obtain the erasure of the personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression or information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment exercise or defense of legal claims. If we have made your personal data public, we are obliged, taking account of available technology and the technical possibilities, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that the you have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data;
- to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the personal data, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose their erasure and we no longer require the data, but you require these for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to their processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR;
- to receive your personal data in a structure, commonly used and machine-readable format or have such transmitted to another controller;
- to withdraw your consent given to us at any time. This means that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in future, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority. You can usually contact the supervisory authority at your normal place of residence or your workplace or where we are headquartered for this.
- If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if grounds for this relating to your particular situation exist or the objection is to direct marketing. In the latter case you have a general right to object, which is implemented by us without any particular situation being specified. Sending an appropriate e-mail via the contact form on the About page of the site is sufficient if you wish to exercise your right to withdraw consent or your right to object.
7. Amendments To Policy
Last modified: June 26, 2019.